Sunday, March 11, 2012

Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Root Veggies (Crock Pot Recipe)



Kiss me, I'm Irish! No, seriously...kiss me...I really am Irish. Heh heh.

In all seriousness, one of my favorite things about St. Patty's Day is the corned beef and cabbage. I love the saltyness, the brine-y-ness, and the ease of preparation. If you've never had corned beef, you need to try this. You will be so shocked at how easy it is to make!

Some people are purists when it comes to their corned beef dinners. My mom likes to eat it with just cabbage and potatoes, but I like t
o add some other veg
gies and flavors to take it to the next level. Also, most people boil their corned beef and veggies on the stove, but I had to try it in the Crock Pot. Are you really that shocked?

The Tools:



- Crock Pot
- Knife
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon

The Ingredients:


- Corned Beef Packet with Seasonings
- Carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. potatoes (I like red potatoes, but you can use any kind. No need to peel)
- 1/2 cup water

The Directions:

1) Chop all of your veggies and throw them into the Crock Pot.
2) Remove the corned beef from the packet and dump it into the crock, on top of the veggies. Make sure you get all the juices in there. I know this seems gross, but trust me, you get more flavor that way.
3. Dump the spice packet all over everything and dump the water over the meat.

Voila! That's it. Now, turn it on low and cook for 10 hours, or on high for five hours. Add the cabbage in during the last hour of cooking. Enjoy!

No comments: