Sunday, February 12, 2012

Never Trust a Skinny Cook

Hello everyone! Welcome to my cooking blog! I started this blog several years ago, but didn't do a very good job of keeping up with it. I love to cook and I love to share my recipes with others. My first goal for this blog is to not only share my recipes, but to also give you some pointers and tips as we go along. My second goal for this blog is to share my food adventures with you. I love to cook, but I also love to go out to local restaurants and eateries. As always, I welcome your suggestions and requests!

I learned to cook out of necessity, really. I figured that it wasn't a good idea to continue eating fast food and peanut butter & jelly sammiches, so I picked up my spoon and a pan and figured it out. I realized that I have a knack for cooking, and over time, I have learned to refine my tastes and style as a cook to include many gluten free recipes, as well as recipes that are full of flavor. One of my biggest gripes about eating is that I feel like there isn't enough FLAVOR. It's all about the flavor.

I tend to prefer cooking Indian, Mexican, Creole/Cajun, and homestyle recipes. I like to find my own spin on the classics: spaghetti, chicken pot pie, chili, and other recipes that we grew up eating. I love to eat Indian food and have recently started learning Indian recipes. My next goal is to learn to roll sushi...but I fear I might just be a bit too lazy for that.

Anyway...hope you enjoy the blog and happy eating!

-- Katie

No comments: