Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spinach Mushroom Quiche

If you know me, you know that I love me some brunch! I had a friend over for brunch on Sunday morning and wanted to make a quiche for the first time. I served this bad boy with some cubed hash browns and mixed fruit salad. I would definitely make this one again, but I think I'd use a frozen pie crust instead of the crescent rolls. The crescents were nice and fluffy, but weird to work with. I don't think that the bottom of the crescent rolls got as crispy as a pie crust might have, and that's something I prefer.

Spinach Mushroom Quiche -- The Finished Product...yummmmm!


The Ingredients:


1 bunch fresh spinach (you could use frozen if that's all you have)
1 8 oz. package of sliced mushrooms (you could slice your own, but why would you do that?)
1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
1 container of crescent rolls (or pic crust, if you prefer)
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
Salt & Pepper to taste
6 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup half & half
4 eggs

The Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray and put your crescent rolls, or your pie crust in the pie plate. Make sure to trim off the excess crust dough around the edges.
2. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a large saute pan.
3. Remove the stems and cut up the spinach into manageable, bite-sized pieces.
4. Slice the onions.
5. Put all of the veggies in the skillet and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook the veggies until they are soft; about 5-7 minutes.
7. While the veggies are cooking, mix the eggs, cheese, half & half, the nutmeg, and salt & pepper to taste in a bowl.
8. Add the veggies to the egg mixture.
9. Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

No comments: